On Sun, Sep 03, 2023 at 09:39:56PM +0200, Jérémy Prego wrote:
> hello,

hello Jérémy.

> I've just found the library that's causing the problem.
>
> it's the libvte-2.91-0 library in version 0.73.93-1 currently in debian
> testing. downgrading to version 0.72.2-3 solves the problem.

that happened because bug [1] was fixed in libvte.

in fact I think this fix improved more than it got worse, so I'm sad that
it was rolled back.

> i'm relieved! :)
>
> I was thinking of making a bug report in debian against the package, but I
> confess I don't know what to put in it.

A question for Samuel.
in order to return this fix, where the correction of the diff algorithm
should occur in libvte or in orca? because as a vte-based
terminal every day user, I can't imagine life without this patch.

ps Well, this patch has a difficult fate.

[1]: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/vte/-/issues/88
--
Sincerely, Alexander