Gilbert Gosseyn <rev...@enkidu-stiftung.eu> writes:
> I tried to run gnatstudio, and got:
>
> error while loading shared libraries: libtinfo.so.5: cannot open
>
> As a newbe to Debian, I am asking for help.

On my Debian testing, I have /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtinfo.so.6 but
not /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtinfo.so.5; this comes from the package
libtinfo6, Which is in Debian 11 and 12.

So it looks like your binary executable of gnatstudio was compiled on
Debian 10 "Buster" which was released in July 2019.  If you can't find a
more recent gnatstudio, your best bet is therefore to install Debian 10,
possibly in a chroot on your main system.

If you feel adventurous, you can download the individial package from
here:

https://packages.debian.org/buster/libs/libtinfo5

but be warned that there may be other libraries needed by gnatstudio.

What does

ldd $(which gnatstudio)

say?

Also, where did you obtain gnatstudio from?  I don't think you compiled
it yourself?

--
Ludovic Brenta.