i don't need any of the 2.6.23 functionality -  I was just really trying the
2.6.23 kernel to
make sure nothing major was broken with it.

I *could* use bootp I suppose, but that would require a tftp service someplace
- suppose that's not so hard.

I will probably just wait for an update, or find the newer aboot sources, or
figure our how to
remove the offending PT_NOTE entries if necessary.

I already boot without using an initrd image, so that's all kinda taken care of
already I guess :).

...tom