Dear Bob,

On 02.07.22 04:43, Bob Tracy wrote:
We had a horrific electrical storm on the 28th, and a lightning strike
took out my home air-conditioning units, my cable modem, my Wifi router,
a 16-port switch, my Ooma Telo, my main computer, my printer, and...  my
PWS-433au :-(.

My condolences, what a pity, another classic gone... :,(, not to speak
of the other hardware you lost. :-/

The Alpha isn't worth repairing, and I'm not going to go to the trouble
of replacing it.  I had my fun with it, and frankly, it lasted far longer
in 24x7x365 use than I had any right to expect.

All this with the original hardware (PSU, system board, memory)? Insane!

Bottom line: After more years than I care to remember, I'm out of the
race.  Will continue to lurk and help where/when I can, but I won't be
doing any actual testing or debugging on Alpha.  Sincere thanks to the
experts hanging out here who have helped me through many a rough spot
with the Alpha platform.

Thanks for all your involvement here, I myself started my Alpha machine
collection with a PWS (a 500au to be exact) and I found it always
helpful and encouraging to see your machine running a GUI and what not.

Cheers,
Frank