Hi all,

on my fast amd64-system I discovered, that the build/update of the package
database, when I want to install a package with apt-get or aptitude, is very
slow.

The database steps are in 5-percent steps, and stepping lasts up to 40-45
seconds. Before it, it was about 3-7 seconds.

This is either a bug, or something in the techniques of updating the database
has changed, as at the second time of doing an apt-get update the build of the
database is much faster (To confirm: I mean NOT the download part!)

Maybe someone can confirm this. At the moment I own only an amd64-system, so I
am not able to check this behaviour on an 32-bit system.

Best regards

Hans-J. Ullrich