* Dave Potts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-12-29 12:12]:
> I've been trying to install the 4.0r2 release. It gets up to selecting
> the kernel to install and I pick "linux-image-2.6.18-5-ixp4xx". It
> goes on a bit more then it stops with "Unable to install
> initramfs-tools ". I pulled the USB external drive out and plugged it
> into another machine, but /var/log/syslog is empty. Any suggestions?

/var/log/syslog in the installer is not the USB drive, but a
filesystem in memory.  You need to manually copy /var/log/syslog to
/target (the USB drive).

> One thing I might have done wrong is I set aside 1gig for swap.  Is
> that way too much?  Could that be the issue?

Shouldn't be, assuming you left enough space for root (/).

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/