Hi All,

I have been trying to boot my AT91SAM9263EK with Emdebian for a while now
but it keeps giving me errors. After mounting the filesystem, it keeps
giving error regarding ttyS2 - no file or directory.

I have used sudo emsandbox -a arm --create to create the tarball. Copied the
tarball to my target system running linux; and gave following commands:
mkdir emrootfs
cd emrootfs
tar -xzpf emdebian-arm.tgz
./emsecondstage

Since ttyS0 and ttyS2 are missing, i created them
cd dev
mknod ttyS2 c 4 65
mknod ttyS0 c 4 64
chown root.tty tty*

Next, I create the filesystem
cd /
mkfs.jffs2 -e 0x20000 -s 0x800 -r /emrootfs -o emdebian.jffs2 -l -n

I use U-boot nand utility to write this filesystem to nand flash. I am
looking for your help to fix follwoing two errors:

1. When I boot it wil my Linux kernel, this is what it comes up with on my
serial console:
VFS: Mounted root (jffs2 filesystem).
Freeing init memory: 124K
init started: BusyBox v1.11.1 (2008-08-08 18:56:00 ART)
starting pid 378, tty '': '/etc/init.d/rcS'
.udev/ already exists on the static /dev! (warning).
Starting the hotplug events dispatcher: udevd.
Synthesizing the initial hotplug events...done.
Waiting for /dev to be fully populated...done.
Setting hostname to 'emdebian-arm'...done.
Activating swap:.
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.27/modules.dep: No such file or
directory

Can't open /dev/ttyS2: No such file or directory
process '/sbin/getty -L ttyS2 115200 vt100' (pid 891) exited. Scheduling for
res
tart.
Can't open /dev/ttyS2: No such file or directory
process '/sbin/getty -L ttyS2 115200 vt100' (pid 907) exited. Scheduling for
res
tart.

2. But on the LCD of the target device, I do see the emdebian-arm login
prompt, but
emdebian-arm login: root
Password:
Login incorrect.

No matter which login combination I try, it wont let me login. I have tried
the login combination of the system where emsandbox was used to create
tarball, and login combination of the linux running on the target system
where secondstage was run, but the login fails.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Aman.