Hi,

I would like to push a proposal here on this longstanding topic:

By other means, my attention was drawn to the blends-tasks package.
While this package is not new, an idea came to my mind when reading the
package description:

As a possible way to solve (or work-around ?) this issue:
could we just "copy tasksel with its UI and infrastructure" into a new package
(I name it 'blends-di-tasks' here), which has all the blends listed, and add
one entry to tasksel with a name like "Debian Pure Blends" or similar?

If one then selects "Debian Pure Blends" in the good all known tasksel, the
blends-di-tasks package would be installed on /target, and later a new dialog
would appear, listing all the blends, where the user could select which one to
install.
(If the "Debian Pure Blends" entry stays unchecked, as would be the default
value, everything stays as is: the new dialog would not appear, no difference
to previous releases.)

Would that be a possible solution for all involved parties?

I know, the current (?) plan is something like an "enhanced tasksel" with some
sort of hierarchy included, but I'm not sure, if this will ever happen....

Thus, I wonder if this could be an alternative, which would be do-able?

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwans...@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076