* Jessica Clarke:

* Andreas Beckmann <a...@debian.org>:
> Control: affects -1 + src:ctfutils
>
> On 07/12/2021 16.35, Jessica Clarke wrote:
> > Control: reassign -1 binutils
> > Control: retitle -1 binutils: Hijacks libctf library name on (k)FreeBSD
>
> I found the two libctf.so.0 on amd64, no kFreeBSD involved.
> I'd expect that they exist on all architectures ...

I looked at the situation in FreeBSD yesterday, and binutils in
ports is updated to current versions. The ports definition did not
tell me, if libctf from binutils gets installed or not - but I do not
claim to understand the ports definition format either.

On Debian release archs this all seems to have little effect.
Should this bug really continue to be assigned to binutils, and if
so, be severity: serious?

Chris