On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 06:53:54AM +0200, Martin Bähr wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 04:15:32PM -0600, Wesley J. Landaker wrote:
> > > And what if you have an old-fashioned typewriter. It's all very well
> > > saying "you must use the copyright symbol", but what if your
> > > golfball/daisywheel/lineprinter doesn't have it? Or like me, it isn't on
> > > my keyboard, and I haven't learnt how to make my keyboard produce a
> > > copyright symbol?
> > Just get a Unicode typewriter. The keyboard is a little bigger, but you'll
> > get used to it.
>
> here is an idea how it might look like:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/absurdistan/340737421/

Er... it has only 75*40=3000 symbols (minus the unassigned positions), and
doesn't appear to have any (marked) shift keys.  Unicode has what, like 2
planes worth of allocated scripts, with a roughly similar ratio of
unassigned codes.  This means your "complete" typewriter is 1 2/3 orders of
magnitude too small :p

Unless that green handle is for replacing the top board and you have 43
other such boards on the side.

Cheers,
--
1KB             // Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
                //      Never attribute to stupidity what can be