On Wed, 2023-08-09 at 18:30 +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 09, 2023 at 02:26:17PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> > On Tue, 2023-08-08 at 18:32 +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> >
> > > Manual opt-in for our > 11k -dev packages is a significant cost
> > > that would have to be justified by the people who oppose opt-out.
> >
> > You could use the Janitor to do automatic opt-in where it works,
> > IIRC the Janitor runs autopkgtests before filing merge requests,
> > so it could easily try the tests and enable them when they work.
> >
> > Or the other way, enable them and have the Janitor submit merge
> > requests to turn them off where they don't work.
>
> The cases where they would fail are either false positives or RC bugs.
>
> Janitor merge requests to silence the failures for all actual RC bugs
> would not make sense.
>
> The immediate benefit of such a test would be a review of all failing
> cases and filing of RC bugs (which might be > 200) for all that look
> like bugs.
>
> After the MBF it should be clear how many RC bugs actually exist
> in practice.

The information whether a failure is a RC bug or a false positive can be
extracted from check-armhf-time_t [1] - at least for the packages that
were analyzed. There are still 1385 packages [2] that are not analyzed
yet.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/vorlon/armhf-time_t/-/blob/main/check-armhf-time_t
[2] curl https://wiki.debian.org/ArmhfTimeTTodo?action=raw | grep -v
merge_requests | wc