On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Steve Greenland wrote:

SG>On 03-Jan-01, 22:53 (CST), John Galt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
SG>> On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Branden Robinson wrote:
SG>>
SG>> > I didn't say there was.  Does "Mail-Copies-To:" begin with an X?
SG>>
SG>> RFC 822 this time:
SG>>
SG>> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc822.html
SG>>
SG>> and Mail-Copies-To: fails to rear it's ugly head, so really should be
SG>> under user-defined fields, which are supposed to be X-
SG>
SG>Uh, there have been headers added since 822.
SG>
SG>> >
SG>> > Why should I, when it would be no different from my From: header?
SG>>
SG>> It would be in your case:

SG>> would avoid the unnecessary CCs, which is what I assume you want to do.
SG>
SG>Wrong. This would break my MUA so that "reply" no longer sends mail back
SG>to the originator, as it is supposed to do.

Well, you replied to the list alone despite my reply-to, so I guess your
actions don't match your words...

SG>> The difference between pine and mutt is that you KNOW the overflows in
SG>> pine....mutt allegedly shares code with pine...
SG>
SG>Extremely unlikely, as it originated from elm.

Let's see:  Pine Is Nearly (no-longer lately...) Elm, you say that mutt
actually derives from elm, yet they don't share code.  Um, yeah, sure,
whatever.  BTW from the LG article about mutt...

http://www.ssc.com/lg/issue14/mutt.html

   Michael Elkins is a programmer who at one time was involved in the
   development of the venerable mail-client, Elm. He had some ideas which
   he would have liked to include in Elm but for whatever reasons the
   other Elm developers weren't receptive. So he struck out on his own,
   creating a text-mode mailer which incorporates features from a variety
   of other programs. These include other mailers such as Elm and Pine,
                                                                  ^^^^
   as well as John Davis's Slrn newsreader. As an indication of the
   program's hybrid nature he has named it Mutt. Although the mailer
   began as an amalgamation of features from other programs, it has begun
   to assume an identity of its own.

Presumably, the Mutt team at least looked at Pine's implementation if for
no other reason than to see what to avoid.

--
Pardon me, but you have obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a
damn.