On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 05:36:59PM +0200, Simon Richter wrote:
> I just came across this, perhaps someone is interested in packaging it.

While we're at it; another interesting database that really ought to
be included with Debian is SAP-DB <http://www.sapdb.org>.

Note that there's a pending ITP (#88988) from 9 Mar 2001 by Bernd
Eckenfels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I had a look at it. To package it, at least the following is necessary:
- A few days' time to get acquainted with the build system
- A week or two to get it packaged (rough estimate)
- Source code for all the _development_tools_ from SAP (start with that)
- A couple of changes to make it FHS compliant
- More time to package the various extensions, language preprocessors etc.

and with that, you get a wonderful, full-featured DBMS! Maybe some
task force would be required to do the work, though. (Sorry, I haven't
got the time.)

SAP-DB is being actively developed by ~100 people in Berlin.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _