Hi all,

A small annoyance I have with debian's menu system is an inconsistency
in the naming of programs on the menus:

Apps/Tools
        ASclock
        EditRes
        Oclock
        bbpager
        docker

The ordering of the menu is dictated by the menu system rather than my
window manager. I would like the menu to be alphabetical, but the
existing ordering (alphanumerical I presume) would suffice if the
packages all agreed on starting either with a capital or a lower-case
letter.

Do you think that there should be a menu policy as to the capitalisation
(or general presentation) of entries? Where should the responsibility for
ordering menus lie, in the menu system, or the program which exhibits a
menu (E.g., the window manager)?

If anyone could point me at an existing discussion of this topic I
would be very grateful.

--
Jon Dowland
http://jon.dowland.name/