On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 06:42:46PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:

[Please stop sending me private copies of list mail.]

> Colin Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a tapot? :
> > On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 01:08:34PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> > > Colin Watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a tapot? :

> > > At this point, the question is not how to do it
> >
> > I think it absolutely is. If something is impossible to do correctly
> > then filing [1] bugs against packages claiming that they don't do it is
> > rather unfair.
>
> At this point, the question is not how to do it. I can think about 30
> ways to do it, while I'm surely not the expert here.

I asked you a question which could be answered quite simply by producing
one of those ways. Go on. It's my honest belief that it can't be done
correctly; I'm open to hearing ways in which I'm wrong.

> So I'll rephrase my question to avoid having you being obstructive.

Er, I'm not being obstructive! I'm trying to figure out if there's any
point to your proposed mass-bug-filing.

> Would it be acceptable to fill a bug against each installer that do
> not build a proper debian package when installing non-free software,
> as long as a technical solution is provided?

I guess so, if the technical solution is correct. Severity something
less than release-critical, though.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]