'ello Debian

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 08:40:30PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> asking Google for this problem just leaded to hints of some broken X
> resources but I have no real clue what might have caused the failure
> of at least three important applications which I'm running on a laptop
> with an up to date testing.  I never faced similar problems with three
> other machines running more or less the same stuff.

> $ emacs
> X protocol error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
> on protocol request 45
> Fatal error (6).
[..]
> The problem is that this Laptop is the machine I installed most recently
> and I want to share this obervations with other developers just to prevent
> that something goes really wrong in Sarge ...

> So the question is, which information do I have to provide to track down
> this problem.

Is this a Transmeta Crusoe based laptop?
Have you seen bug 216933?

I get this bug periodically.  Apparently running the debugging server or
recompiling to turn off optimisation in the X server may help.

Though I guess your symptoms are a little different.

--
----------(  '<blitz> huggie: je sais je suis nulle...mais   )----------
----------(     je suis très tetue alors ça compense :)'     )----------