On Monday 27 June 2005 18.15, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
[circular dependencies]

[uninstalling foo-data at libfoo uninstall]
> This should really be fixed in the packaging tool -- aptitude will
> handle this very elegantly, maybe bringing its expanded package states
> to libapt itself would be nice -- rather than using this kind of trick.

Possibly.  And - as a clarification of the policy, really - I'd vote for
having one of the the next dpkg and apt releases strictly enforcing
dependencies, making packages with circular dependencies uninstallable.

(But, in the spirit of good communication, this should probably be announced
on d-d-a, or at least by bugs on all affected packages.)

cheers
-- vbi

--
A la fuerza, ni los zapatos entran.