On Wednesday 04 January 2006 09.53, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> Better to use a tested and stable kernel in stable whenever it is
> released rather than trying to synch to current kernels sometime too
> close to release time just for the sake of releasing a semi-current
> kernel.

Well....

sarge's installer can't be used on a LOT of modern hardware.  etch installer
could see the SATA disc of my new Laptop, but not the CD-ROM (I had to
netboot).  Ubuntu does just fine, so what I have now is a laptop installed
with the installer beta for etch (kudos to the d-i team, worked just fine),
and then added the current kernel from Ubuntu (I hope they stay that close
to Debian!) so that I can use the CD-ROM, too.

And sarge is not that old right now...

cheers
-- vbi

--
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.