On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 01:17:01AM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Mar 21, Wouter Verhelst <wou...@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > While 1.6% is indeed a rather small amount, I wouldn't call 1340 people
> > 'trivial'.
> I do, since I expect that most of these are using sarge or worse.

There's no proof of that. Personally, I disagree.

> > That would be a good argument if you were to explain how, exactly, it
> > would make other packages more complex.
> > Can you give an example, please?
> The second-last alsa-base release is a good example.

*sigh* please try to make your arguments be actual arguments, rather
than random handwavering. None of the recent alsa-base changelog entries
explain how not having udev makes things more complex, and I'm not going
to read the source.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22