Hi Charles,

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 10:40:47PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Are there other persons interested? Shall I go ahead and submit a patch to
> Lintian and the Developers Reference (plus perhaps the Policy to include a
> footnote containing the special changelog lines for NMU, QA, security and team
> uploads)?

Fine for me. I understand there is some use of this proposal in teams
and I don't see big reasons against it (those being said in the last
thread about this).

There is just one thing that bothers me: this new feature would invite
teams to actually put noone in the uploaders list.  The team would be
maintainer and no real person would be listed in the package. And I
don't like this possible outcome. From a QA (and MIA) perspective this
is not a good idea. So if you're going to write patches as you said,
please consider adding at least a "should" to policy about setting a
real person as uploader when the maintainer is a team (i.e.  mailing
list).

Hauke