Hi,
the work of the security team is very, very much appreciated!

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 08:03:01PM +0100, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> * We're planning to request for hidepid to be enabled by default (to 1).
>   This will squash an entire class of information leaks. If you have any
>   comments or objections, please get in touch with us.

I looked at the docs and as I read them this would affect uid 0 as well.
In this case tools like checkrestart and whatmaps wouldn't be able to
detect mapped libraries anymore actually preventing security updates for
running processes. Maybe excempting uid 0 would be good.
Cheers,
 -- Guido