Hi,

On Mittwoch, 5. März 2014, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> Security release workflow
> -------------------------
> * We're currently using Subversion. We discussed changing to git, but
>   git doesn't offer significant benefit for our purpose so we decided
>   to stick with it.

I think you've missed one significant benefit here: (I believe) for quite many
people by now it's a showstoper to join a team which is using subversion for
it's workflow.

I would certainly *not* join the security team while you're using subversion.
(And I doubt I'm alone here.) Git is *so* much faster, more logical and easier
to use. I cannot imagine (many) new people (as in fourteen or 42 year olds)
wasting there time with subversion today, so to attract new contributors,
please switch.

I know it's your bikeshed, but... you are looking for help and my point is
that it's harder to attract people with the tools of the last millenium.

cheers,
        Holger (and yay for your LTS plans and all the work anyway :)
                I'll happily configure piuparts.d.o and jenkins.d.n to test
what can
                reasonably can be tested here.