❦ 13 novembre 2014 23:30 +0100, Svante Signell <svante.sign...@gmail.com> :

>> Which would suggest that udev might stop supporting the
>> userspace-to-userspace netlink-based transport in the future. However,
>> unless I am mistaken, I don't think this means it will no longer work
>> on non-systemd systems.
>
>>From an irc:(16:06:44) xxx: udevd starts very slowly without systemd...
> any chance i can speed it up?
>
> Things evolve with time....

What an accurate bug report. Could you please stop the FUD?

From such a short statement, this could just be the "udevadm settle"
needed when the init does not handle events. It just waits for
everything to come here. With systemd, this is not needed since
everything is expected to react to various events.
--
panic ("No CPUs found.  System halted.\n");
        2.4.3 linux/arch/parisc/kernel/setup.c