Am 28.11.2014 um 08:19 schrieb Matthias Urlichs:
> Hi,
>
> Tomas Pospisek:
>> At least the Ruby On Rails framework notices an updated JS and will
>> re-compress the whole JS blob from its parts.
>
> Does it call stat() on every constituent of these packed JS files on every
> web request, or does it do that with a periodic background checker?

I do not know. Now that I am reading the answers in this thread I'm
noticing that RoR might be checking the newness of JS scripts depending
on the mode it's running in (production, testing, dev). In which case
the trigger mechanism could come into play again. So maybe my statement
was mistaken. In case anybody intends to make conclusions, s/he really
needs to look these detail up in the RoR docu.
*t