On Fri, 28 Nov 2014, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> On Nov 28, Svante Signell <svante.sign...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > a) Upgrades should _not_ change init: whatever is installed should be
> > kept.
> I disagree: upgrades should get the default init system unless the
> system administrator chooses otherwise.

I disagree with you, and so does CTTE, this time: they said
that existing installations should retain their init system
– which goes along with “upgrades should not change the sy‐
sytem state” generall – as much as possible.

> > b) New installs should get systemd-sysv as default init with a debconf
> > message about alternative init systems.
> It would be totally unacceptable to waste the time of every Debian user
> with pointless advertisement.

I actually have to agree here.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Yes, I hate users and I want them to suffer.
        -- Marco d'Itri on gmane.linux.debian.devel.general