On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 10:20:22 +0100, Matthias Urlichs
<matth...@urlichs.de> wrote:
>If you want to convince the systemd people to split that part of systemd-
>-as-pid1 off to a separate library, and/or to properly version that API,
>you should submit an appropriate patch

You see, I have been an architect and a sysadmin for almost 20 years.
That means that I have a pretty clear image about how I want my
systems to look like and how I want to be able to run my system.

That does not mean that I am able to provide a patch to coax any piece
of software into doing what I want it to do. That's a developer's job.

And even acknowledging those facts does not take away my privilege of
voicing my opinion about how I want my systems to look like and how I
want to be able to run my system. I became a member of Debian thirteen
years ago[1] to be able to bring some of my ideas into Debian proper.

It's not that anybody needs to listen, but nobody is going to tell me
to shut up just because I only know how the result of a job should
look like without being able to do the job myself.

Greetings
Marc

[1] yes, and I know that you were already around when I arrived