Simon Richter wrote:
> On 28.11.2014 09:43, Svante Signell wrote:
> > The official name of the Debian fork is devuan: https://devuan.org
> > It will be interesting to see how many Debian Maintainers and
> > Developers will jump the ship and join them (in addition to the
> > users). Future will tell...
>
> Well, not me.
>
> While the situation sucks for embedded systems, I doubt this project
> will gain sufficient traction to provide a better alternative, so the
> result is basically going back to square one and providing the
> necessary tools for embedded system development from emdebian.org.

Why, precisely, do you foresee future problems with embedded systems
development?  Personally, I'm looking forward to a much easier time
building future embedded systems using systemd, or the occasional
too-small-for-anything-else embedded system (that couldn't run standard
sysvinit or Debian for that matter) using a dedicated
init=/custom-program.

If you've actually evaluated systemd for embedded systems applications
and run into issues, please consider filing bug reports or raising
issues on the upstream mailing list; that's a use case I'm interested in
as well, and I'd be happy to help.

- Josh Triplett