On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 12:29:54AM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Looking at other distros is interesting. If I understand well, they will
> never have Python 2 and 3 interpreters in the distro, and will
> completely switch from 2 to 3 at once.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, I don't think you're correct.

To give a concrete example, Fedora switched to using Python 3
as the default several releases ago[1]; despite that, Python 2
is still available in the archive, and will get pulled in when
installing software that (regrettably) hasn't been ported yet.

The same is true for FreeBSD and, I believe, Ubuntu. I'm not
familiar with the approach other distributions and OS are
taking, but I would expect it to be fairly similar.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Python_3_as_Default
--
Andrea Bolognani <e...@kiyuko.org>