On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 03:45:35PM -0500, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 3:39 PM Russ Allbery <r...@debian.org> wrote:
But it's not just my opinion that matters.  I think we need to decide this
somehow as a project, whether via the TC or via GR or something, because
there's a real disagreement here over whether we can or should
force-upgrade all Debian systems and I don't believe doing something short
of that is going to be supportable.

If we are going to have a vote, we don't have a lot of time. I think
that if Debian were to choose to convert all systems to usrmerge for
the Buster release, it ought to be complete in Buster before the
Transition Freeze which is scheduled for January 12. [1]

No way we can hit that date with a forced merge. Where are the testing reports showing that this actually works on a broad range of systems? And now we're getting into the winter holiday season? Pushing that now would be nuts.