On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 01:05:14AM +0100, Alf Gaida wrote:
> On Sat 24 Nov 2018 at 04:29PM +0100, Guido Günther wrote:
>
> > The experimental distribution is a good place for work in
> > progress. Maybe the rules for automatic rejects can be relaxed for
> > experimental so a package can go into the archive (and have e.g. the BTS
> > used for that version) if the maintainer doesn't want to fix the reject
> > right away.
>
> I see a problem with relaxing the rules - if a project is in
> experimental one could (theoretical) upload it to unstable too - without
> any changes, because it is in the repository.

Can we please work on the assumption that Debian Contributors know what
they're doing? Our (NM and other) processes are extensive enough to make
that assumption valid in the general case.

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard