On Do, Okt 08, 2020 at 22:54:32 -0400, calumlikesapple...@gmail.com wrote:
is probably very handy.  Even more handy is the fact that you don't
really need to learn the command name of your image viewer and your pdf
viewer and your html viewer and you .dia viewer and your .mp3 player
and every other viewer you might need to handle: only the 'open'
command.

I don’t know about that. Normally I use mupdf for pdf, but mupdf doesn’t allow copy & paste. So if I want to do this, I need another pdf program.

For my FLAC music I use audacious for my playlists and ogg123 for CLI playing.

If I want to open an image, I’m using qiv or gimp.

Other rules apply for attachments in mutt, so mutt is using its own mailcap definitions.

That’s why I need to know the different programs anyway. Why would I go for something like open which can only use one program for the file type?

Many greetings,

        Stephan

--
|    If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.    |