On 2021-04-19 02:46, Brian Thompson wrote:
Is it really still an open question whether Debian is a political

project that has opinions on non-technical topics like the board of
the

FSF or the legal status of Taiwan, Palestine and Kosovo, or whether

Debian is a technical project where people of diverse backgrounds
and

political opinions can work together on making a good distribution?

I'm very new to the project, but for those who were unaware of this
discussion, it makes the project a lot less appealing to contribute to
upon hearing about it.  It doesn't make any sense for a "FOSS" project
to have any weight whatsoever on political on goings.  To put it
bluntly, political opinion shouting is repulsive, and very
disappointing at best.  I can probably safely say that many people who
are a part of this project already work for the elite IT companies who
push their garbage political agendas all day, every day.  The last
thing people want to do is contribute to a project in their free time
that does the same thing.

Exactly what I'm thinking.
And exactly the reason why I like the outcome of the GR.

Please lets get back to technical issues.