On Mon, 24 Apr 2023 15:48:02 +0100, Matthew Vernon
<matt...@debian.org> wrote:
>One thing I'd say is: please keep the init script in your package, so
>that people using inits other than systemd can continue to use it.

I am not sure whether it is doing non-systemd users a favor to keep a
probably outdated, bitrotting and untested init script in the
canonical place. My gut feeling is that it might be better to ship the
old init script in /usr/share/doc/package/examples unless the package
maintainer is reasonably sure that the init script will actually work.

Greetings
Marc
Mannheim, Germany  |     Beginning of Wisdom "     |