El lunes, 14 de agosto de 2023 03:28:15 -03 Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues
escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Quoting John Goerzen (2023-08-13 23:32:03)
> > On Sat, Aug 05 2023, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > > I wonder what we should do, because 5000+ failing packages is a lot...
> > Let's think about the level of trouble we cause trying to tackle something
> > that has clearly not bothered anyone for years.
>
> this is not the first time that is has been said in this thread that "this
> hasn't bothered anybody for years". I wanted to come out and say that it has
> bothered me. It just hasn't bothered me enough to investigate what the proper
> way to solve it is. It hasn't bothered me enough to bother other people with
> this issue. After all, I can just run "git clean -fdx" to "solve" the problem
> whenever it happens.

I respect your point of view, but I still think that doing that is actually
better than patching things over to get the original stuff back.

That being said it's fine to disagree and let's see what the raw consensus is,
but taking into account why the 5k+ packages fail. If many are do to stuff like
the python's egg issue, well, clearly many things can be easily fixed. If the
majority of issues are because maintainers do not care maybe it is really a
signal of something that used to make sense and nowadays might not do as much
as it used to. Making those bugs RC would mean forcing people to solve a
feature that they are clearly not using. But do please file the bugs, and even
better, send patches!