On Sun, 2023-08-13 at 22:28 +0200, Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues wrote:
> > dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
> >   plakativ-0.5.1/plakativ.egg-info/SOURCES.txt
>
> since this issue seems to be affecting a few more packages than plakativ, I
> wanted to ask here what the canonical way is to fix this issue?

Personally, I would switch from the current orig.tar source (PyPI?) to
using the upstream VCS, which presumably does not have those files,
since they are usually generated by setup.py or something else and
hopefully haven't been committed to the upstream VCS. If they have
been committed to the upstream VCS, send upstream a removal.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise