On Sat, Aug 19, 2023 at 11:25:42AM +0200, Guido Günther wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2023 at 05:03:19PM +0200, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 14, 2023 at 01:37:23PM +0200, Lee Garrett wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've packaged rhsrvany [0], which I'd like to maintain under the umbrella
> > > of
> > > the libvirt team. I've tried to join the salsa team on salsa [1]. But so
> > > far
> > > my request has been ignored. I checked the wiki page of team libvirt [2],
> > > however it seems mostly outdated as it still references alioth. I've asked
> > > on the mailing list [3], however the last activity there is two years ago,
> > > and my message is awaiting moderator approval. I've also poked Guido
> > > Günther
> > > directly, who seemed to have done some of the more recent uploads for
> > > libvirt.
> > >
> > > So what would be the process to join the libvirt team? I'd like to push
> > > the
> > > source repo of rhsrvany to a team-maintained space.
> >
> > I think you've done the right thing by asking to be added to the
> > libvirt-team group on Salsa. Unfortunately I don't have admin
> > privilege to the group, so you'll have to wait for Guido to act on
> > the request. Same thing for the pkg-libvirt-discuss, which I believe
> > Guido is the moderator for. Please hold on tight, I'm sure he'll get
> > around to it :)
>
> Andrea, I've bumped your privileges so things don't block on me.

Looks like you've made me Owner of the libvirt-team/libvirt project,
but my role in the libvirt-team group is still Developer so I remain
powerless when it comes to accepting Lee's request to join the group.

Creating new repositories once you're in the group apparently
requires no additional privileges, so I believe that Lee would be
able to create the rhsrvany repository himself once he's been added.

--
Andrea Bolognani <e...@kiyuko.org>