Hello,

I am looking to generate a Debian image with only a /usr and /var
partition as per discoverable partition specification. However, it
seems to me like the omission of /etc leads to several issues in core
packages and logging in becomes impossible.
Is this an unsupported use case and if yes, is there ongoing work to
eventually support this?
Many packages in Fedora for example are already configured to support
this using systemd-sysuser, systemd-tmpfiles, and other declarative
means stored in /usr/ to create any required files upon boot.

Kind regards, Nils