Hi,

On Sun, 10 Sep 2023 18:29:36 +0200
Bill Allombert <ballo...@debian.org> wrote:
> Or we could generate DEBIAN/copyright from debian/copyright using data in
> license-common-list at build time. So maintainers would not need to manage
> the copying
> themselves.

 One problem is, that some software declares that they use some licenses
 (e.g. MIT), but sometimes they modify the license term itself a bit.
 So, there's a difference between words in the license list and some words
 in the included license in such software.

 It'd be better to find such software and ask upstream to fix it to use
 proper license terms, by tagging it at BTS. And, it's NOT Debian specific
 issues, so it may be better to ask folks to join such a movement then, IMHO.

--
Hideki Yamane <henr...@iijmio-mail.jp>