* Nilesh Patra <nil...@debian.org> [231025 16:13]:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 05:13:10PM +0300, Ramūnas Keliuotis wrote:
> > Package: wnpp
> > Severity: wishlist
> > Owner: Ramunas Keliuotis <ramunas.keliuo...@nordsec.com>
> >
> > * Package name    : golang-github-microsoft-go-winio
> >   Version         : 0.6.1-1
> >   Upstream Author : Microsoft
> > * URL             : https://github.com/Microsoft/go-winio
> > * License         : Expat
> >   Programming Lang: Go
> >   Description     : Win32 IO-related utilities for Go
>
> This seems to be a windows specific library - if I'm not mistaken, there
> is no use of this library for debian/any linux distro, yes?

Go has the extremely nice feature that cross-compiling for other
architectures and OSs is very easy.  I have, on a number of occasions
used Debian to cross-compile Go programs for Windows.

I have no particular interest in this package, but yes, it is
appropriate to package a Windows-only Go package in Debian.

...Marvin