On Fri, Jan 05, 2024 at 05:28:37PM +0100, Guillem Jover wrote:
> > Guillem Jover <guil...@debian.org>
> >    libaio
> >    libmd
> >    liburing

> I checked these, and it looks like libmd and liburing are
> false-positives?

>  * libmd uses AC_SYS_LARGEFILE, and on 32-bit arches it is already built
>    with LFS, the problem is that the header exposes off_t which means
>    the code linking against it needs to match its build flags,
>    otherwise they would already be broken now. You might want to look
>    into this as a potential pattern for other false-positives probably.
>    (I should probably update upstream the .pc file to include the
>    -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 flags if enabled, but I don't think the
>    analysis used .pc files anyway.)

Thanks - yes, the analysis didn't use .pc files, though I'm checking if
that's something we could improve on.  But as you say it doesn't help with
the current libmd anyway, so I'm adding that to the manual exclusion list.

Reduces the count of revdeps to be rebuilt from 5450+178 to 5450+169.

>  * liburing is marked as LFS-sensitive, but that comes from inline
>    functions using off_t which end up casting that into an u32 type,
>    so I don't think this should affect the ABI. It is also forcibly
>    built with -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 in the upstream build system
>    (and with future=+lfs for good measure in the packaging, which
>    I'll switch to abi=+lfs).

io_uring_prep_fadvise and io_uring_prep_madvise appear to be symbols
publicly exposed in the ABI of /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liburing-ffi.so.2
so I don't think it's true that the marking is only because of inline
functions?  But as this is also already built with LFS and is a
false-positive, I've removed this as well.

Reduces the count of revdeps to be rebuilt from 5450+169 to 5450+168 (not
much improvement :).

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/
slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org