Hi,

> I'm getting error 500 when attempting to open the source code.

just try again later. Salsa seems to be having issues.

> Also, I'd prefer an offline install since the wifi firmware for the
> t2 Macs is extracted from macOS by the user and copied over to Linux.
> It cannot be redistributed legally.

You can still use the netinstall image. Its smaller, easier to
distribute and you or a user can add new things. You don't need to
distribute large parts of Debian just to replace the kernel and add a
repo.

But at the end the installers are all similar, it shouldn't make a
difference if you modify the netinstall or DVD installer.

Keep in mind that various kernel modules are loaded at install time as
needed, you might need to provide the appropriate udebs for your kernel
or modify the installer to be satisfied with what your kernel provides.

So yes, looking at the reform installer might be a good start.

Bernd