On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 08:52:00PM +0530, Prasanna Venkadesh wrote:

> On 15 May 2024 12:33:49 am IST, Nilesh Patra <nil...@debian.org> wrote:
> >On Tue, May 14, 2024 at 06:31:16PM +0000, Prasanna Venkadesh wrote:
> >>    It seems, there is no packaging team available yet for Nim lang.
> >>    I am not looking for co-maintainers, it's not complex.
> >
> >There does exist a nim team.
> >
> >     https://salsa.debian.org/nim-team
>
> Oh! I couldn't find the team in this wiki https://wiki.debian.org/Teams
>
> In that case, I would like the package to be managed under the team. I also
> notice that the package names for libraries follow nim-* pattern.
>
> How about hybrids, when its both a CLI app & a library?

I suppose you need to name a package in a way that has more weight. Is it more
likely to be used by end users as a library or application? Name the source
package based on what makes more sense. As for battinfo, it makes more sense to
have an application name (battinfo instead of nim-battinfo).

> What are my next steps?

You could contact the owners of nim team to grant you access to the salsa
namespace. If there's too much delay/you are in a hurry, you could use another
namespace for now.

Best,
Nilesh