    Ole> Am I overlooking something obvious here?  libgtk1.1.13-dev
    Ole> provides libgtk-dev and libgtk1.1-dev

    Ole> but

    Ole> libgtk1.1-dev conflicts with libgtk-dev

libgtk1.1-dev is really an obsolete package in potato. Think of it as
a sort of libgtk1.1.12-dev.

libgtk1.1.13-dev rightly conflicts with it, as you can't have multiple
versions of -dev packages for the same library installed at the
same time (they all share /usr/lib/libgtk-1.1.so !)

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters F and T and the number 5.
"You have my pills!"