At 01:52 PM 8/15/00 -0700, Steve Bowman wrote:
On Tue, Aug 15, 2000 at 01:01:49PM -0400, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> [snip]
>
> The strange part is that _some_ contrib packages are scattered
> across the 3 CDs, but not all of the packages.  For example, lyx
> is _not_ there.  Only 83 packages are included:

I think you'll find that the ones that are missing depend on non-free.
Lyx for example depends on libforms0.89 .  Apt is used by debian-cd to
set up the build and apt doesn't like broken dependencies.

Why would a package be in contrib if it didn't depend on non-free? I thought that that was the current definition of contrib: DFSG-free, but requires something from outside of main (e.g., contrib or non-free).

Steve

--
Steve Bowman  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (preferred)
Buckeye, AZ   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>