On  Fr 08 Dez 2023 22:52:45 CET, Andreas Beckmann wrote:

Followup-For: Bug #1057815

Hi,

this actually causes prompting for modified conffiles on upgrades from
bullseye to bookworm+pu:

  Setting up plymouth (22.02.122-3) ...

  Configuration file '/etc/plymouth/plymouthd.conf'
   ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
   ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
     What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
      Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
      N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
        D     : show the differences between the versions
        Z     : start a shell to examine the situation
   The default action is to keep your current version.
*** plymouthd.conf (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? dpkg: error processing package plymouth (--configure):
   end of file on stdin at conffile prompt

Oh damn, we already have been here: #856789.

At that time I manipulated the update script so that plymouthd.conf only gets modified on Debian Edu installations. This was sufficient for Debian policy. I will revert this now to the previous state.

This is the commit that introduced this regression (neglecting history of the package):
https://salsa.debian.org/debian-edu/debian-edu-artwork/-/commit/65703345dd7a400c3f4d548ae037f63253a4f1a2

(My revert will then also contain a comment to never undo this again).

Sorry, for the noise!!!

Mike
--

mike gabriel aka sunweaver (Debian Developer)
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: sunwea...@debian.org, http://sunweavers.net