> Hello Nikita,
>
> I write you this mail, because, you did all the work to patch binutils
> and gcc older versions. I have been trying to solve Debian bug 391445,
> but i haven't been able to do it. Maybe you could tell me what would be
> a good way to solve it, or maybe it is just a line in the code.
>
> The problem is that when cross-compiling gcc_no_link sets to no, and
> then libstdc++ configure script throws and error GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
> This issue would be solved if gcc_no_link would be set to yes in the
> right place, but where...
>
> ...any though ?

I've looked into this a bit.

This problem seems to be caused by cross-ld not looking
into /usr/powerpc-linux-gnu/lib64/ for 64-bit libraries.

When I was maintaining cross-binutils patch, I've added
999_lib64_for_cross.dpatch there to address exactly this issue. But this
patch was dropped when cross-binutils patch have been merged into binutils
package. So now we have this bug.

999_lib64_for_cross.dpatch is still available in #231707 logs. I've not yet
tested if it applies to current binutils package, and if this will fix
#391445, but I'm almost sure the problem is here.

Nikita