Hello,

I was able to debootstrap a lenny arm rootfs and to use it as nfsroot.
Now I've debootstrapped --arch=powerpc --foreign lenny lenny $MIRROR,
but debootstrap/debootstrap --second-stage hangs. So do, e.g., ls,
touch. Interestingly, echo *, mkdir, rmdir work. I chroot from a working
Angstrom-based rootfs. When I try to boot into it directly, it hangs
after "Freeing unused kernel memory: 108k init", apparently in init --
the kernel works (reacts on USB devices, magic SysRq, answers pings).
I'll try to see whether strace works, but this will take some time.
Meanwhile, does anyone have an idea what is going on?

Thanks in advance,
--
Baurzhan Ismagulov
http://www.kz-easy.com/