Hi,

On 2020-04-21 20:58, Stephen Kitt wrote:
> Control: tag -1 + patch
>
> Hi,

Thanks for trying to fix one of the oldest glibc bugs ;-)

> The attached patch adds memusage and memusagestat to the libc-bin package.
> This does mean that the latter becomes dependent on libgd3, so it might be
> better to add a new memusage package; I can take care of that if the
> maintainers think it’s better.

I am not sure we want to add a new dependency for libc-bin, I am sure
people running embedded systems won't appreciate. Any reason for not
shipping it in libc-dev-bin instead? For me that looks more like a tool
to be used for "development". At least the memusagestat is similar to
the mtrace one that is in libc-dev-bin.

We also have to make sure that this new build-dependency doesn't break
bootstrapping. I have added Helmut in Cc so that he can have a look.

Thanks,
Aurelien

aurel...@aurel32.net                 http://www.aurel32.net