Hi,

On 2024-01-04 17:38, Krzysztof Żelechowski wrote:
>    I was trying to read up to 7 characters, including blanks.  I assumed that
>    the specifier "%[^]" would mean any character except an empty set, i.e.
>    any character whatsoever.  I can see now that it can also be an incomplete

Your definition of "empty set" is quite vague. What you want is clearly
defined in the section 12.14.3, that is %7s or %7S.

>    format specifier excluding the character ']'.  This is my misunderstanding
>    but I think the documentation could be improved to prevent such mistakes
>    in future.

I don't see how things can be improved further. But if you have a
wording suggestion, please submit one. Otherwise, I'll just close the
bug.

Regards
Aurelien

aurel...@aurel32.net                     http://aurel32.net