Hi,

On 2024-01-08 22:06, Axel Scheepers wrote:
> Package: locales
> Version: 2.36-9+deb12u3
> Severity: wishlist
> Tags: d-i l10n
>
> Dear Maintainer,
>
> It would be nice to have C.UTF-8 in the list which dpkg-reconfigure locales
> shows; When installing a desktop I usually select the C locale since the

C.UTF-8 is not shown on purpose, because it doesn't need to be
generated, it is always available on the system. What you want is
probably to be able to select it as a default locale.

The real issue is that the menu to select the default locale is only
shown if there is a locale to generate.

> others don't really apply and I'm unable to use a different locale setting
> for date and lang. This however breaks gnome since it requires a utf-8
> locale and I'm unable to select C.UTF-8 at installation.
> A workaround is to uncomment the C.UTF-8 locale in /etc/locale.gen
> and run dpkg-reconfigure locales after installation.

A better workaround is probably to select a random locale to be
generated, then you should be able to select the C.UTF-8 locale as
default.

Regards
Aurelien

aurel...@aurel32.net                     http://aurel32.net